So, we head out for our Wednesday of errands. My intent was this: oil change, Toys-R-Us, then post office. After the oil change, which Bennett seemed to enjoy watching towards the end, we realized TRU was not open. So, off to the post office to pick up a package. This "package" ends up being free diapers from huggies, 3 newborn diapers from their pure & natural line. Wow....great packaging! I love freebies, but I hate the fact that we have to wait in line to pick up a small package like that. Cram it into the PO box, please.
We make it to TRU with the intent of picking up play-doh only. I saw they had the summer stuff out and ended up getting B some water safety stuff. Too bad the floaties I got were pink. Um, yeah, going to donate those. The other thing I got is yellow, so it will be fine. It might look dorky, but we'll see how B likes it.
TRU has a HUGE Thomas section. Naturally, we stopped there so B could play with the setup they have on display. He meanders over to where the trains are that fit his Brio tracks (smart kid). I'm a sucker and let him get a James. It came with a tender, so now he has a huge line of trains at home. He was so excited to get home and play with it that we didn't do Play-doh until later last night. Johanna was over and we all had fun. Bennett and Justin enjoyed it most of all. Justin even has plans to buy more colors....what a big kid.
You're not a sucker...Toys R Us has some kind of marketing genius that convinces you that life will be better if you just buy that...strawberry shortcake, thomas the train, barbie dreamhouse. I blame Geoffrey the Giraffe. And those old commercials, I mean didn't we ALL want to be a Toys R Us kid? I'm glad Bennett loves his train! And YAY to newborn diapers! Nolan will be here so soon! Love to all of you!
ReplyDelete