We had an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving. Including our little ones, we had 17 people here. Yes, that is a lot for our house, but all of us made it work. I have to say, it's one of the best Thanksgivings I have ever had. It reminded me of my Great Grandmother Rosa, when we all crammed into her rather small house and enjoyed food, family, and football. It was a good mix between the families and everyone got along and had a great time. We had a wonderful surprise - my brother-in-law Jace made it back from Iowa the night before.
Yesterday, I got to spend the day with Johanna and get started on our Christmas cards. I didn't have the cards printed in time, but I got a good start on the envelopes and my address list is now in Excel (hello, Type A personality). As part of our card tradition, we also watched White Christmas and had a few drinks. By the way, the kids were at daycare, so it was a quiet day to sit back and relax.
Today is our day as a family. We have a few errands and chores to do, but we get to just kick back and get ready for our Christmas tree. Keeping up with tradition, we're getting our tree tomorrow with Chris & Carla Pelletier. If memory serves me correctly, this will be our 6th year of doing this. I have crock pot chili planned for after we get our trees. It's supposed to rain, but I'm hoping we luck out and get some decent weather. No joke - we've had awesome weather each time we get our trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment