As if I really needed the ticker at the top of the blog to tell me that, right?
I have a few small things to get tomorrow and then I'll be completely done with shopping. Whew! We'll be hanging out at the house all day baking shortbread cookies. Justin made the butter cream frosting tonight, so we're set. Jillian is coming over at some point to hang out with us and hopefully get to do some cookie decorating.
Words cannot express how excited Bennett is for Christmas. I think I'm just a little behind him in my excitement. I can't wait to see his face Christmas morning and throughout the festivities. It really takes me back to when I was a kid and how incredibly antsy and excited I was for Christmas morning. When we were young, we would spend Christmas Eve at Grandma Brown's house and then dad and Alison would pick us up and we would spend the night at their house. We always left cookies and milk for Santa, stayed up a little later than usual, and finally went to sleep. We would wake up and go downstairs to find our stockings filled and presents under the tree. Stockings have always been my favorite part of Christmas because dad and Alison always made sure there were the coolest things in there. Now that I have children of my own, I will try to make stockings one of the best parts of Christmas for the boys.
What types of things do you put in stockings?
ReplyDeleteBennett loves Pez, so we got him a few pez dispensers. We found a lightning mcqueen night light, a pair of kid's scissors (he loves the ones at school), a little bit of candy, and Flo from Cars to add to his collection.
ReplyDelete