Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

It was a 5 day weekend for me.  I had Thursday off to have some "me" time.  We did Krispy Kreme a day early, bought the teachers some donuts and coffee (from Starbucks), and I took the boys to daycare.  It was B's last day in the Ladybug room (transitional pre-school) and Nolan's last day in the Caterpillar (Infant) room.  On my way home, I bought cards for all of the teachers.  They are all such great teachers for the boys.

I spent 3 hours of my day off doing yard work.  The back yard flower beds were in need of some major TLC.  It might seem like a chore some days, but when I'm alone and able to enjoy the time to myself, it's absolute therapy.  I did an awesome job, if I say so myself.

Maggie and Mollie spent the night on Thursday and we had so much fun.  We relaxed on Friday and then Poppa came and picked up M&M.  After that, it was nap time for everyone.  Ahhh....my favorite time of the day.

Rose and Mike came to visit for the weekend and we had so much fun.  Rose played her banjo and the boys loved it, especially Nolan.

Sunday morning, Mike made the most delicious french toast.  Yum!!!  We went to a family reunion on in the afternoon, but got there quite late, though we still got to see a lot of people.  I hope they do one again next year and we'll be able to come earlier and see more people.

Monday was a true lazy and relaxing day.   The weekend was fun, relaxing, busy, and enjoyable.  We spent so much time outside.  Nolan finally wasn't scared of Rose, it only took 3 days.  What a crazy kiddo.  As if Rose is intimidating.  

This has been a busy week at work for me.  Long days and tiresome nights.  I'm ready for Friday already.  

This coming weekend is going to be so much fun.  Granted, we're expected to be 90+ for the next 4 or 5 days, but it will be worth it.  Saturday, we will be officially welcoming a new member to the Passmore family. Jeff and Liz are getting married!!!  As Liz said, it will be a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot kind of wedding.  I can't wait!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment