Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's Almost Christmas!

This was a short week for both Justin and I.  We managed to get all of our last-minute shopping done, the house cleaned, and also enjoyed several hours of kid-free time.  Our holiday weekend started Friday night with my mom, sister Laura, Maggie, Mollie, Alex, and Johanna coming over.  It was nice and relaxing.  The boys always love having company over.
Laura and Maggie crocheting.

Mollie & Nolan goofing off.

Bennett opening up his stocking.

Nolan opening his gifts.

Today, my dad, Alison, Julia, Chris, Jillian, Laura, Maggie, and Mollie came over for lunch.  Everyone had a good time and the kids of course loved their presents.  I didn't get many pictures because it was rather chaotic once the present opening began.

I can't tell you how much Nolan (and Bennett, for that matter) 
loved the cookie toy he received from Aunt Didi.

Can you tell Maggie loves purple?

I finally managed to get matching PJs for the boys.  Thank goodness I thought about this way ahead of time (think months ago).  I was worried about Bennett resisting wearing them, but he loved them.  The boys seemed excited that they had matching ones.

So, it's 10pm on Christmas Eve.  The stockings are hung, with the exception of Justin's (it's too full - I made it up to the U in his name - YEAH!!!), the cookies and milk are out, and the presents are ready for two very excited boys.  There will be more pictures to come.  

Merry Christmas!!!

Here are some Christmas quotes:
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. ~ George Carlin

If you haven't got any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. ~ Bob Hope

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.  ~Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment