Thursday, March 4, 2010

After a long day, I come home to the best

So, I work from 7:00am to about 5:30pm, getting home around 5:45/6:00pm.  Justin picks Bennett up from daycare around 3:00pm, so they have several hours of "guy" time.  If the weather is nice, they play outside.  If the weather is rainy, then it's some Thomas, Monsters Inc, or playing with trains.

I drive down the street, click the button to open the garage door, and before I even pull into my cozy spot in the garage, there is a 3 foot tall cute blond boy waiting for me at the door to the kitchen.  Now, this is almost every day that I get to come home to this.  He also likes to help me carry in whatever bag I have in the car.  Sometimes, I have to scramble for something he can carry (he's in the super helper mode right now).  It really makes my day that my little man greets me after a long day at work.  Even if I'm having a horrible day, it changes the moment I see that face. 

I thank my lucky stars that I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment