Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Last Ultrasound Ever...bittersweet

Seeing as how Nolan is our 2nd and last child, I'm having such mixed feelings about everything.  While I will be glad to get my body back (I hope!!), I'm sad that this is the last time I will get to experience all of the wonderful things about pregnancy.  I'll list a few of my favorites:
  1. Feeling my little man move when nobody else knows.
  2. Watching my belly move on its own.
  3. The excitement and anticipation of meeting Nolan
  4. The excuse to take a nap on the weekends.
  5. Eating "for the baby".  Chocolate and ice cream fall into this category all of the time.
As of yesterday, we had our last prenatal ultrasound ever.  Good news is that Nolan is growing right on target, weighs an estimated 4 lb, 15 oz and is mostly head down.  I hope he goes fully head down soon so I can continue to plan for my VBAC.

Bennett is getting more aware of Nolan in my belly.  He talks to him, loves to feel for him moving, and even asked for Nolan to come out.  Awww, I just hope he's as excited about Nolan when he arrives.  Good thing Nolan already (Justin, actually) picked out a gift for his big brother.  Let's just say it's a good thing the Thomas take along toys were 40% off. 

Here's some u/s pics from yesterday:




Technology is truly amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment