Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Zoo!!!

We went to the Oregon Zoo today and had a lot of fun.  The trick is to get there when they open at 9am and parking is not an issue.  There are also less crowds, which helps when you have a toddler that loves to run around.  

Bennett really enjoyed himself today.  We were lucky to have Johanna come with us, so I wasn't as stressed as I would have been with 2 kids by myself.  Yikes!  We didn't see the primates or the penguins (I think the penguins smell worse than the elephants), but we'll see them next time.  The Serengeti exhibit was really cool.  The lions, hippos, and rhinos weren't out, but we still enjoyed seeing the other animals.  Bennett's favorites were the Zebra and of course, the elephants.

Nolan slept and fussed his way through our zoo trip.  One thing that amazes me about the zoo are the amount of strollers.  I call it "stroller wars" when it gets busy.  Man, people are brutal with their strollers.  We spotted a group of moms (6-8 of them) with their Bob strollers doing a morning jog/workout.  They not only jogged, but appeared to stop and do some stretches or yoga.  Johanna and I gagged at that.  C'mon, give me a break.  I don't come to the zoo to see overzealous moms working out.  Yes, I know, to each his own and I know I'm just jealous that they can exercise and take the kids to the zoo.  Dang you, green monster!!!

Here are some recent pics:



Yeah, the pool is small, but he had a blast playing in it.


Nolan snoozing and showing off his rolls.


Brotherly love.


Fun at the Zoo.


Jojo and Bennett


Isn't this the cutest?  Jojo & Bennett @ the Zoo.

1 comment:

  1. I especially love the "brotherly love" shot. Your kids are ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete