It's Friday and all of us survived the first week of me being back at work. Nolan of course has done just fine. He's so easy to please these days (well, mostly). Bennett misses Nolan even more now because he knows Nolan is just a few doors away. It's made for some tough mornings, but I know it will get better. Poor Bennett is going through a lot of changes right now and it makes my heart ache watching him be distraught in the morning. He did the same thing when he started at the Y in January and he loved it after a month.
Justin has to adjust things in the afternoon. Pick up the boys and entertain them all by himself until I get home. Luckily, Nolan has appeared to settle into a pattern. He naps when they get home so that Justin can take Bennett outside to run off some energy, which he seems to have plenty of these days.
I'm able to pump at work and so far, my milk supply has done just fine. It might help that I'm drinking 1-2 cups of Mother's Milk Tea while at work. It helped when I was breastfeeding Bennett and isn't as bad as Fenugreek (which helps, but it makes you smell like maple syrup). Work is keeping me quite busy, which I love. The days go by fast and before I know it, it's 4:30 and time to head home. I'm only working 9 hour days, which makes life a little less stressful. I'm sure I'll work my way back up to 10 hour days by the time Nolan is 1.
Tomorrow, Laura and the girls are heading into town. We'll be having a birthday party for the girls and my dad (who's b-day is Sunday). Sunday is Dad and Alison's annual BBQ, which is a great opportunity to hang out with friends and family that we don't see as much as we would like.
Ahhh, now if it was just 4:30pm and I could go home, things would be perfect. I'll also accept winning the lottery, but we know that's not likely to happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment