Monday, November 15, 2010

Baths, Swimming, and Birthday Cakes!

Nolan is now in his semi-big boy bath and absolutely loves it!  He's sitting up so well and has lots of room to splash.


Nolan started swim lessons last week and he really loves it.  Bennett started swim lessons on his own and is doing really well.  Justin took some great pictures.







This past Wednesday was my sister Laura's birthday.  We were lucky that she had plans in town and we could celebrate with her.  It was also the United States Marine Corps 235th birthday.  We had a cake for each occasion.




This week begins the first of three Thanksgiving celebrations I get to participate in.  This Thursday, my lab has it's annual T-day celebration.  This is by far our biggest potluck of the year.  It is so much fun to hang out with co-workers, eat great food, and get ready for the holiday season.  We get to draw names for secret Santas, which is one of my favorite events.

This weekend, we head to the coast to celebrate Thanksgiving with my mom and sister.  We will of course have the usual foods and drink, but one of my favorite things is watching the movie Home For The Holidays with my sister.  Mom and Justin both hate that movie, but Laura and I love it.  I guess we'll have to hide somewhere and watch it, keeping with our tradition.  Of course, there's always Planes, Trains, and Automobiles to watch as well.

Next week, we're having the rest of the family over to our humble abode for the traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  It will be cozy, to say the least, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  We are lucky that our families get along so well.  It is sure to be a memorable Thanksgiving filled with fun times and lots of laughter.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just tell you how much I love that first picture of you and Nolan swimming?! It's so cute!!

    Have fun with your Thanksgiving celebrations! Sounds like lots of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete