What have we been up to? Swim lessons twice a week, potty training, birthday parties, life, work, play. Yes, that pretty much sums it up.
Swim lessons - Bennett is doing a lot better about putting his face in the water and back floats since we bought him some goggles. We even signed him up for 5 private swim lessons starting at the beginning of April. I have a feeling he will thrive with the one-on-one attention. Nolan is such a little fish. This last Thursday, we had our last mommy/child swim lesson. Boy, I can't tell you how much he loves the water. He has no issues jumping in (even screaming in excitement as he's going in) or diving under water. At the beginning of May, both boys will be in swim lessons for the end of Spring session. I can't wait to see them. It will be a treat for me to sit back and enjoy watching their lessons.
Potty training - Who knew all it took was more effort on our part? I will admit we've been rather lax about making him go potty. The key is to say "time to go potty" instead of "do you need to go potty?" He will always answer "No!" Knock on wood - he's been dry pretty much all day for the last two days. No more diapers! We're relying on the power of Pull-ups. He gets one good boy coin for going pee and two for pooping. Both boys have jars on the baker's rack to collect their coins. Each coin (they actually say "I got caught being good") is worth $0.25 and they get to put them towards buying a toy.
Birthday parties - Nolan had his first friend birthday party and it was a lot of fun. Only a few kids from his class were there, but it was perfect. Tomorrow, we head to Playdate PDX for one of Bennett's friends birthday. That is the coolest place, both for kids and adults. There's a huge play area with slides and tunnels (big enough for us big kids) and a place to shoot these little balls from cannons. Sure, it's for the kids, but we have a lot of fun, too.
Trips - The boys and I took a trip to visit my mom. Justin had the burden of staying home by himself and going to a bachelor party. Sounds rough, I know. The boys and I had a blast at my mom's house. Being at the coast, the weather was a bit rainy and drizzly, but we managed to have fun outside. The boys loved the play structure at mom's, playing with the soccer ball and visiting the neighbors and their chickens. The only bad part of the trip was when Bennett had his first bout of motion sickness and puked in the car as we were driving through Longview. Luckily, we had a spare set of clothes, napkins, and baby wipes. His car seat was super cleaned when we got home and I can say that it has never been cleaner.
Here's a slew of pictures to update. And, as always, I will try to be more consistent about posting pictures and updates of the boys.
Brotherly love on their couches
Nolan climbing the play structure at Grandma Karen's house.
Grandma Karen and Nolan holding a chicken.
Bennett holding a chicken.
Bennett enjoying his Leap Pad
Such a mischievous little man.
Fun playing with RC cars in the driveway.
Bennett helping in the yard by sucking up all the bugs
from the flowers.
Nolan relaxing on Justin
Say Cheese!
Blaze
I finally got a picture of Bennett. He originally told me he was
"too busy", but I convinced him to smile. So what if I had to
threaten to take away the laptop?
Tomorrow, in addition to a birthday party, we have my youngest sister's co-ed bridal shower. It will be fun to see Jillian and see James again. It can't hurt that it's at the Rogue Brewery in NW Portland, right? American Ale, here we come! On Sunday, I will be playing my first kickball game in almost 30 years. It should be a lot of fun. I just hope I don't make a fool out of myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment