Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Picture Overload and Updates

Yes, I know, it's been 2 months since my last post.  I swear, I am going to set a reminder to do a post every week, even if there aren't any pictures to update with.

Nolan - he is fully potty trained.  Something clicked and he actually started going on his own.  Pooping is another story, but he's on the right track.  He started in the Preschool class at daycare the week after his birthday.  He is taking big boy swim lessons where he's in a class with other kids.  That means I don't have to go in the pool anymore!  He's a bit distracted, but still loves the water.

Bennett - is still as stubborn and sweet as ever.  He is smart, strong-willed, and loves to learn about anything and everything.  He has an excellent memory when he wants.  He will forget to wash his hands, but he won't forget if you mentioned something.  Oh, and he loves chewing gum (thanks to dad) and loves to tell Nolan he can't have it until he's 5.  I can't believe we're getting ready to enroll Bennett in Kindergarten.  We've been prepping him for it, letting him know what it will be like.  He's already spending most of his afternoons in the school age room since he's decided not to nap at daycare.

Justin - keeping busy with work, the boys and I, and his newest hobby - RC cars.  He's built quite a collection and enjoys modifying the cars - putting new tires, changing shocks, and a lot of other technical stuff that is over my head.

Me -  work is the same as usual.  I play kickball on Sundays and that has been a lot of fun.  We finally won our first game last week and won this week by forfeit.  Hey, a win is a win.  This Sunday, we play our first playoff game.  2 wins and we're in the playoffs?  This Thursday, I head off to Denver to see my youngest sister Jillian get married.  While I'm there, I will get to see my longtime friend, Liz.  Yeah!!!

And now for the plethora of pictures.  I will warn you that there are almost 2 months worth.  I will pick my faves to share.

James and Jillian (the ones getting married in 3 days!!)

Bennett with his socks and pants pulled up.  Silly kid.

Nolan and his best buddy Parker at the B-day party

Nolan and Parker again.  These boys adore each other!

Fun with balloons

Nolan's birthday trip to the Oregon Zoo

Nolan and Justin

"Cheese, mommy!"

Nolan sacked out after a fun time at the zoo

Another party?  Chocolate cake for Nolan!

Another Gup for Nolan

Dad trying out Nolan's new light saber.

Bennett perfecting his marshmallow roasting technique

Mollie, Maggie, and Justin

Nolan attempting to roast a marshmallow

My kickball team:  No, I think I'm funny (yes, that's our name)
Front:  Zach, Leah, Me, Malcolm, Dan
Back:  Abby, Sarah, Eric, Jon, Steve
Not in the picture:  Claire, Carrie, David, and Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment