Friday, December 20, 2013

5 Days Until Christmas??? What??

Is there only 5 days left until Christmas?  Yikes!  Thankfully, things are coming together and I only stressed a little bit.  The boys are so excited this year.

Last weekend, Nolan spent two nights in Rockaway Beach with my dad, Alison, Julia, Chris, Laura, Maggie, and Mollie.  Oh, and dad's dog Jett and of course sweet mama Storm.  It might sound like a lot of people, but the house was perfect for all of us.  It was a fantastic time.  I only have a few pictures from my phone to share right now, but I'll post more when I get myself organized and get pics off the camera.

Game time!!

I can't get enough snuggles with this sweet girl.

This week, we built a gingerbread house and it's still standing!!  Of course I don't have any pictures to share right now.  It was so much fun.  Bennett was really getting into it.  Currently (3 days post build), we're missing part of the roof.  We have a gingerbread monster in the house and his name is Justin.

During the month of November, Facebook was inundated with the whole 30 days of thankful.  While I am happy that people share how thankful they are, I see no need to inventory, brag, share too much.  Sometimes just knowing that you are thankful and expressing it year round is better than concentrating on one month.  I have a lot to be thankful for.  This quote pretty much sums it up.

Make it a habit to tell people thank you.
To express your appreciation,
sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return.
Truly appreciate those around you,
and you'll soon find many others around you.
Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it.

Ralph Marston

No comments:

Post a Comment